Thanks to over twenty years of experience and research in the field of van racking, the design department of Francom, the parent company of the Syncro System Group, has developed a revolutionary new racking system in which every component is modular in design. The great advantage of the ULTRA system lies in the flexibility with which different elements of racking can be combined to create solutions that are 100% tailored to the needs of the end user.
In the Ultra system
, all components feature a modular design
in three dimensions:
- Height ranges from 36 mm up (in theory there is no limit), in steps of 36 mm
- Depth ranges from 110 to 410 mm, in steps of 50 mm
- Width ranges from 253.5 to 1,521 mm, in steps of 253.5 mm
are the structural elements of the Ultra system.
Ultra side panels are the vertical, load-bearing structures
of the Syncro Ultra racking system. Side panels are made from high-strength steel and come in heights that are always multiples of 36 mm. They have pre-formed holes at regular intervals of 36 mm in height and 50 mm in depth on the sides and on the front and rear edges.
There are two types of horizontal element:
- Elements installed between and supported by two side panels. Most horizontal elements are of this kind, including metal drawers, shelves, vice benches, trays and doors. Just like side panels, all these elements come in heights of 36 mm or multiples of 36 mm. This means they can be combined in any sequence and at whatever height you want.
- Elements not installed between side panels. These include cabinets of transparent containers and sideways-opening drawer cabinets. Even these elements are totally compatible with all others, however, because:
- Their dimensions are compatible with all other system components.
- They can be installed above or under pairs of side panels, combining freely with other horizontal elements to form a racking column of the desired height.
are the wild cards of the Ultra system. They can be used to connect
two side panels horizontally, to support
other elements and as raised edges to delimit compartments
. There are two types of horizontal profile:
- Light-duty (XLA). These serve mainly to delimit compartments or as structural parts that do not support any load.
- Heavy-duty (XSA). These can withstand loads and are therefore used in intermediate positions to support e.g. a work surface.
Some images of extra-heavy-duty profiles.
To make Syncro Ultra racking even stronger, you can use brackets of various shapes. Brackets can be used individually or in pairs and serve primarily to stop racking columns tilting or twisting. They are particularly useful with wide or deep horizontal elements and in any situation where a heavy vertical load has to be supported. Both types of horizontal profile come with holes for use with reinforcement brackets.
Learn all about the elements of the Ultra racking system for vans and commercial vehicles:
All elements of racking in the Syncro Ultra system are fully compatible and can therefore be combined with any other product from the Syncro catalogue, as listed in the menu alongside.